Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Solo Gym Session & YUM YUM Dinner!

Again, didn't sleep well last night. I woke up feeling worn out, headachey, and just not in the mood for much. I didn't have enough time for my breakfast meal of choice, so I ended up taking a packet of instant oatmeal and raspberries to work with me. [this beats the White Castle breakfast sandwich and large coke that I might have eaten before] The oatmeal and raspberries, while not unhealthy, still ended up being a pretty bad breakfast choice as it didn't even hit 200 calories and had no protein to speak of. I was a hungry girl, and as such, when presented with some nummy chocolate and peanut butter buckeyes, I indulged! Ah, cest la vie! Life goes on, right?

I had left my lunch preparation stuff for today's meal at work, so my healthy lunch was just waiting for me! And I had one snack again today instead of two. Darned lack of early rising! See, if I had a fuller breakfast and a mid-morning snack, I might not have so readily downed 4 buckeyes! Maybe I would have stopped at 2! Lesson learned. ;)

After work, I headed off to the gym to do my first workout, 35 min of cardio zone-based training on a treadmill and approximately 45 minutes of strength training. All went pretty well. The cardio workout was good, kind of boring just watching my zones, but since the times in each zone are pretty short, the change ups keep me occupied. Yes, I did feel goofy executing some of the strength moves, but not nearly as goofy as I thought I would. I think next strength session when I have to do the move that looks like a slow-mo run, I'll feel more dorky. I know I will be feeling this tomorrow!

The highlight of my workout today, was while doing by "YTA's" on a Stability Ball, this guy at a machine next to me kept saying to himself "I'm so special. I'm so special." I thought perhaps he was just singing a line to a song to himself, but when I went to do my 2nd set of that exercise, I hear him again saying the same thing. It gave me a chuckle. :) We do whatever it takes to keep ourselves going...reassuring thoughts, symbols, etc. Perhaps thinking the "I'm so special" for him wasn't enough. He might have needed to hear the words to solidify the effect. Maybe I should think of a phrase to boost my spirits and get me through my workout. Ideas?

Now, on to the best part of the day....Dinner!!!! I had this nummy nummy dinner! I didn't even know what I wanted on the way home and wasn't all that excited anticipating my meal. As I pulled up to my house, I decided I would try out my Boca Spicy Chik'n Meatless Patties. Why not? I threw two patties on my little Ultrex grill [generic George Forman] and grabbed a bag of Trader Joes organic microwavable brown rice and popped it in for 3 min. While the Patties and Rice were cooking, I cut up some romaine, tomato, and onion to make a little salad. Everything was done in under 10 min and boy was it tasty!!!! I have struck gold with these Spicy Chik'n Meatless Patties. They are soooo good!!!!

I wanted to take a picture of my dinner because it so beautifully decorated my plate, but my camera was hiding and my stomach was growling. Even better, I prepared enough of all of these items and stored them in tupperware in my fridge to have another meal tomorrow. Just a little warming in the microwave and I'm good to go! This is perfect for tomorrow as I have to be at work at 8am, then after work I go directly downtown for an evening class that gets out at 8:40pm. I don't usually have time to stop at home, but now that I have a prepared meal, I can use a campus microwave and I'm set! I couldn't have planned it better. This makes me happy!
:-D

If I can find tasty options that are relatively easy to prepare like this every night for dinner, I might not even miss the crap that I could get at a fast food joint! Plus, if I get used to making dinner for myself, perhaps spending a little more time in the kitchen on some things won't be a big deal. I can build up my kitchen tolerance. My mom would be proud. :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you found a yummy dinner that's fast and easy! I'm still working on that since the 'rents cook some nights and we always have to keep in mind what the kids will and won't eat but I'll get it eventually!

    Don't know about a phrase to keep your spirits boosted... perhaps something that has to do with your dancing? I know my spirit booster is picturing myself in the wedding dress when I first put it on, since I was only 5 pounds above my current weight goal. I WILL fit into it again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thinking Julie with the picture in your head. Maybe I will keep some thoughts of when I looked and felt my best in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete