Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chik Fil-A, really?

Thursday 12:25am - Today at work, the big bosses were coming in, and oftentimes when this happens we get free lunch. And I love me some free food! However, the choice for today was Chik Fil-A. As a new vegetarian and a lover of Chik Fil-A, I was thinking...what the heck do they have that isn't chicken???? And, boy I've always loved their chicken strips!!! I checked their menu out and basically every item comes with chicken, but you can special order without. My manager told the big bosses that we have 2 vegetarians in the group. I get to our meeting today to find that I have a chicken salad waiting for me....sigh.....but, I opened it up, pulled off the chicken and put it on a plate on the table for others to add to their meal. Salad actually ended up being really delicious as they have a yummy spicy dressing! Again, I wasn't crazy tempted to eat the chicken even though I knew would have been a tasty delight.

Aside from sticking to the vegetarian thing, which was not originally intended for weight loss, but has turned into a very good aid in moving in that direction, I'm still doing well. My meals are decent. Yes, we had some free food at work Monday and Tuesday and perhaps I overindulged just a little bit, but I compensated by having a salad with tofu for dinner Monday night and a very simple meatless patty Tuesday night. Also, every morning, I've been eating a good filling, but healthy breakfast. I've been hitting the gym all 5 days a week as planned and trying to be active the other days. I'm at almost 4 lbs down. :-D

I'm hoping by next week, I might be a full 5 lbs down. That would be amazing. If not, that's okay, as long as I keep constant with where I'm at.

Goodnight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment