Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Life as a House

11:00pm The title of this post is actually a movie name, and while the movie uses the title figuritively, I feel the literal meaning of this phrase applies to me today. I believe it appropriately addresses how I feel about my body right now. I have been very good for all intents and purposes this week. I ate really well, worked out and was even active on my off times. Yes, today, I had some nachos for lunch at Fiesta, which is not as healthy as my other fare, but it's not like I ate like this all week. But aside from my little indulgence, I have been making progress, just wish it felt like it. In one week, I've dropped 3 lbs. I'm going to assume this is water weight and not get too excited until either the loss is maintained, or I continue to see further dropping of weight. I do know it's only been a week, but I just wonder how long it's going to be before I don't feel like a house when I put on an outfit. I did go out during the day today, but was very mindful of my waistline and felt very self conscious. I had a nice day despite this though, thank goodness. I came home and showered to get ready to go out tonight, but I just couldn't find one single thing in my wardrobe that I felt looked nice on me. And, no, it's not that time of the month. :P I do not want to go out and buy 'fat' clothes either. I have things that fit, but you can tell I have some extra curves that ideally shouldn't be there. I don't think much would hide what I want it to. So, I'm stuck feeling like a house until enough change is made to actually see a difference. I wonder how long it will take? How many pounds before I think, "Man, I look nice. I don't have to feel self conscious in what I'm wearing today." Not every day on this journey is a happy happy joy joy day....

No comments:

Post a Comment