Monday, September 13, 2010

Personal Trainer Meeting

9:00pm -- Today after practically no sleep, I got my butt to work and surprisingly made it through the day brain intact. I ate my healthy breakfast, lunch and one snack as planned. Tomorrow I'll try to make sure to have my two snacks though to keep me from getting too hungry during the day. I had one 12 oz Pepsi at my disposal and only drank around 8 oz. :) Yay!

How do I feel today? Well, this morning my back was giving me some issue, but I believe that was remnant from the Strictly Strength class I took Saturday morning. I'm better now. My head has also been hurting pretty badly all day. This could be caused by several things: barely any sleep, less than optimal water intake, or having less than my usual caffeine intake. Pick one, pick two, or all three! I'm hoping to feel much better tomorrow! Regardless though, I had a decent day, was productive at work, at the gym and even stopped off at the store for some missing items on the way home.

After work, I rushed to the gym as I had set a 5:15pm appt with the trainer. Man, that was cutting it way too close for comfort. Next time, I'm pushing it out to 5:25pm. This trainer is no joke! I guess he's not 'head trainer' for nothing. ;) He is definitely not taking the easy road with the plan he gave me. I have 5 days in the gym a week, 3 of which I am doing both cardio and strength. The other two are just cardio. I have 2 strength workouts which will be alternated and three cardio workouts to follow as well.

The cardio workouts will require me to focus on my Heart Rate and make sure to be in certain training zones for specified intervals. The strength workouts each include 5 pairs of supersets. Each pair is to be done directly one after the other, approximately 18-20 reps of one exercise followed by 18-20 reps of the second, then a very short break and repeat. 2 sets of reps for each exercise. Tonight's focus was making sure I know the proper form to execute all 20 strength moves when I come to the gym to do these workouts on my own. Some of the things he is having me do make me feel like a real arse, however, the moves are really good. I just look like a dufus doing them! One thing that excites me about the moves is that several are balance-based. I could use to strength my core muscles and balance.
:-D

Funny moment in the training today -- we were working on the move titled "Floor Bridges". These are basically hip raises while laying back on the floor, feet planted, knees bent. Trainer-man tells me that I can put a foam roller under my feet if I feel the move itself isn't challenging enough. My initial response is, "I probably won't need that because it's not like I do this move all the time"....yeah....so I got the giggles and felt a little silly after making that statement. However, sadly enough, it's true! ;)

So far I don't have any crazy cravings for really unhealthy foods or meat and I feel my schedule is open enough that making it to the gym these days and times shouldn't be an over zealous notion. Does this mean I can feasibly continue eating healthy, planned meals and getting myself to the gym for 1-2 hours, 5 days a week?

Hmm...let's see, shall we?! Tomorrow's breakfast and lunch will be repeats from today's menu. I'll probably have a different snack and dinner. AND tomorrow is Cardio 3 and Strength Workout 2 day!

No comments:

Post a Comment